WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!
Welcome to the Mount Paran Christian School family. We are so excited your family has chosen to join ours! We have organized this information in order to help answer your questions to begin the new school year with a smooth transition. Be sure to visit NEWS AND EVENTS in the top tab to see recent announcements and up-to-date news updates.
Check out this general information to help prepare you for the first day of school.
FACILITIES ON CAMPUS
EAGLE FAMILY TIPS
Learn more about how the different areas of school function during the school year.
We encourage you to get involved in the life of our school. Visit the EAGLE LINKS page to join the Parent-Teacher Fellowship, the Eagle Backers (athletic boosters), the MPAC (arts boosters). You can also learn more on the Eagle Links page about Annual Fund and the Georgia GOAL program.
Please visit EAGLE LINKS for all information pertaining to current families. Also check the NEWS AND EVENTS page for the latest information on upcoming school events and announcements. MPCS will also communicate with you through these methods:
- Teachers will relay important classroom information through email, daily/weekly folders (grades PK-5), texts, and Google classroom.
- Be sure to read the Weekly Word e-newsletter sent via email to families with all weekly updates.
- Follow our social media pages for fast updates and photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You may also follow our other Twitter accounts for each school or area division.
- When necessary, school-wide announcements will be sent via e-blast, texts, and phone messages.
- MPCS also sends families the annual magazine, Wingspan, twice per year.
Still have questions? Feel free to call the admission office at 470-250-0008, and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about getting started at MPCS. Welcome to the family!
Here’s a few items to help you prepare for the upcoming school year:
- Complete registration and provide all required documentation to the Admission Office.
- Sign up for MPCS Summer Programs.
- Arrange placement testing for middle and/or high school course scheduling with the Admission Office.
- Purchase uniforms in advance from the Eagles Nest school store or Mills Uniforms.
- Check the summer reading lists for rising grades 1-12. (coming soon)
- Schedule a sports physical for students in grades 5-12 who will participate in MPC sports. Complete the parent consent forms and sports interest forms.
- Bookmark the calendar of current events on the website.
- Mark your calendar for the 101 student orientations for your child’s grade level.
- Mark your calendar for Back-2-School Night on August 7.
- You will be invited to a Head of School Roundtable for new families (multiple date options) in August/September.
- Mark your calendar for Parent Orientation, which occurs in the first few weeks of school.
- Join the Parent Teacher Fellowship each year.
June 5 - Summer Programs Begin
July 3-7 - MPCS Offices Closed
July 10 - Eagles Nest Summer Uniform Store Opens (Mulkey Hall, Weber Collaboratory)
July 17 - Back-2-School Informational E-blast Series Begins
August 4 - K-Day, Lower School 101, Middle School 101, High School 101
August 7 - Back-2-School Night (all families)
August 9 - First Day of School, NO Late-Start
August 11 - High School Social
August 15 - High School Parent Orientation, 6:00 p.m.
August 17 - Middle School Parent Orientation, 6:00 p.m.
August 18 - Middle School Spiritual Emphasis Day and House Reveal
As we look ahead to the upcoming 2023-2024 school year, we are excited to announce that, beginning July 10, 2023, our campus will be a one-stop shop for both spirit wear AND school uniforms. Uniform shirts with the MPCS logo will be available exclusively on-campus, including several options of polo-style shirts and chapel shirts.
These items will be available beginning July 10 on-campus for Back-to-School shopping:
- Uniform Polo Shirts
- Uniform Chapel Shirts (including heather blue Oxford)
- Uniform Skorts (khaki, navy, and plaid)
- Uniform Shorts
- Uniform Jumpers and Dresses
- Cardigans and Uniform-Approved Daily Outerwear
- Chapel Blazers and Ties
- Accessories (hair bows, socks, belts)
- Spirit Wear
- Limited School Supplies (backpacks, water bottles, lanyards, and key chains)
See below for the 2023-2024 MPCS Uniform Guidelines booklet.
School Day Start Times:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays – 7:50 a.m. (all grades)
Wednesdays – 8:35 a.m. (all grades Late-Start)
School Day End Times:
Preschool (half-day) – 11:45 a.m.
Preschool (full-day) – 2:45 p.m. (3:00/3:10 p.m. for students with older siblings)
Kindergarten-Fifth Grade – 3:00 p.m.
Middle School – 3:10 p.m.
High School – 3:15 p.m.
All important information for current MPCS families can always be found under Eagle Links at the top edge tab of our website.
In Eagle Links, you will find information on important details:
- School Hours
- Summer Reading
- Sage Dining Program and Menus
- School Clinic and Forms
- Eagles Nest School Store
- School Calendars
- Transportation and Carpool Forms
- Forms and Reservations Requests
- Extracurricular Programs and Extended Day (Grades PK-8)
- Textbooks and E-books
- Ways to Get Involved