WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!
Welcome to the Mount Paran Christian School family. We are so excited your family has chosen to join ours! We have organized this information in order to help answer your questions to begin the new school year with a smooth transition. Be sure to visit NEWS AND EVENTS in the top tab to see recent announcements and up-to-date news updates.
Check out this general information to help prepare you for the first day of school.
FACILITIES ON CAMPUS
EAGLE FAMILY TIPS
Learn more about how the different areas of school function during the school year.
We encourage you to get involved in the life of our school as students, athletes, artists, servant-leaders, and volunteers.
Please visit EAGLE LINKS at the top tab for all information pertaining to current families. The BACK-2-SCHOOL NIGHT information page is a great resource for preparing for the first day. Also check NEWS AND EVENTS for the latest information on upcoming school events and announcements. MPCS will also communicate with you through these methods:
- Teachers will relay important classroom information through email, daily/weekly folders (grades PK-5), texts, and Google classroom.
- Be sure to read the Weekly Word e-newsletter sent via email to families with all weekly updates.
- Follow our social media pages for fast updates and photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You may also follow our other Twitter accounts for each school or area division.
- When necessary, school-wide announcements will be sent via e-blast, texts, and CallingPost phone messages.
- MPCS also sends families the annual magazine, Wingspan two times per year.
Still have questions? Feel free to call the admission office at 470-250-0008, and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about getting started at MPCS. Welcome to the family!
Learn these common terms used on campus by staff and students:
- 11:1 - High school mentorship program with lower school
- Black Box - The Black Box Theater on the 2nd floor of the Murray Arts Center
- Blue & Black Bash - Sports pre-game tailgate festivities
- The Cabin - Rowland Cabin, Directed Studies high school classrooms
- CLP - Connected Learning Program (1:1 Device and Google Classroom curriculum)
- CommUNITY - The diversity and inclusion initiative to encourage school community
- The Cottage - Sewell Cottage preschool building
- CRR - Choral Rehearsal Room in the 1st floor of the Murray Arts Center
- DS - Directed Studies program
- Eagles Nest - School store
- Guard House - the security guard building at the front gate entrance
- Grand Lobby - 2nd floor main lobby area of the Murray Arts Center
- Imagine Tomorrow - the final phase of the capital campaign to build the Murray Innovation Center
- KLT - Kristi Lynn Theatre of the Murray Arts Center
- Knox - Also known as the "barn," the Knox Athletic Performance Center (sports medicine, training, and weight room)
- Lake McDonald - the MPCS 6-acre lake
- The Landing - the turf play area next to the football field
- MAC - Murray Arts Center
- MIC - "Future" Murray Innovation Center, high school addition
- Morning Devotion - Every morning staff and students share announcements and devotion to begin the school day
- MPAC - Mount Paran Arts Council, parent arts group
- MPC - Mount Paran Christian (acronym used in athletics)
- MPCS - Mount Paran Christian School
- PK, LS, MS, HS - Preschool, Lower School, Middle School, High School
- PMI - Peer Mentor Initiative, high schoolers mentoring freshmen and new students
- PromRED - High school group supporting the End-it movement through prom
- PTF - Parent Teacher Fellowship, parent group supporting academics and fellowship events
- Shelton - The MPC Eagle mascot name
- Shelton Circle - the circular drive on the middle school side of the Mulkey building near the double-eagle statue
- Weber Collaboratory - the upstairs media center and collaboration space
Learn more about the MPCS Network and how to join:
- Introducing the MPCS Network
- How to Join the MPCS Network
- How to Create a Business Profile
- How to Create a Special Offer
Click here for full details about MPCS Uniforms, spiritwear and online pre-orders of outerwear, tailgate shirts, and Back-2-School essentials.
*Note: Some dates are subject to change in case of CDC distancing requirements in the future.
December 1 - ParentEd.: "The Blessing of a B-Minus"
7:00 p.m., Pre-Event Book Review
December 3 - Lower School Open House
9:00 a.m., For Prospective Families
December 3 - Band and Orchestra Christmas Concert
6:00 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. (Parents Only)
December 4-5, 11-12 - Elf Jr.
Middle School Musical, Online Performances
Friday, December 4 at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 5 at 5:00 p.m.
Friday, December 11 at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 12 at 5:00 p.m.
December 7 - Ask the Experts
6:00 p.m., Virtual Webinar
December 10 - Christmas Choral Concert
6:00 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. (Parents Only)
December 11 - Rising Sixth-Grade Parent Meeting
8:15 a.m., Kristi Lynn Theatre, Murray Arts Center
December 14-17 - High School End-of-Semester Testing
December 18 - Make-up Test Day
December 15 - PreK Christmas Chapel
Preschool Conducts Lower School Christmas Chapel Program (PK4 Parents, By Reservation)
December 16 - No Late Start
December 17 - Campus Preview (All Grades)
6:00 p.m., For Prospective Families
December 18 - Early Release
December 21-January 4 - No School
January 5 - Classes Resume
Students return to campus
January 9 - Preschool Peek
10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., For Prospective Families
January 11 - ParentEd.: "The Blessing of a B-Minus"
7:00 p.m., Virtual Author Event