WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!
Welcome to Mount Paran Christian School. We are excited your family has chosen to join our family! We have organized this information in order to help answer your questions to begin with a smooth transition. Be sure to visit NEWS AND EVENTS in the top tab to see recent announcements and up-to-date news updates.
Check out this general information to help prepare you for the first day of school.
FACILITIES ON CAMPUS
EAGLE FAMILY TIPS
Learn more about how the different areas of school function during the school year.
We encourage you to get involved in the life of our school as students, athletes, artists, servant-leaders, and volunteers.
Please visit EAGLE LINKS at the top tab for all information pertaining to current families. The BACK-2-SCHOOL NIGHT information page is a great resource for preparing for the first day. Also check NEWS AND EVENTS for the latest information on upcoming school events and announcements. MPCS will also communicate with you through these methods:
- Teachers will relay important classroom information through e-mail, daily/weekly folders (grades PK-5), texts, and google classroom.
- Be sure to skim the Weekly Word e-newsletter sent via e-mail to families with all weekly updates.
- Follow our social media pages for fast updates and photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You may also follow our other Twitter accounts for each school or area division.
- When necessary, school-wide announcements will be sent via e-blast, texts, and CallingPost phone messages.
- MPCS also sends families the annual magazine, Wingspan two times per year.
Still have questions? Feel free to call the admission office at 770-578-0182 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about getting started at MPCS. Welcome to the family!
THURSDAY, JULY 11
Preschool/Lower School Family Game Night -
for new students and families:
7:00-8:30 p.m., MPCS Playground
FRIDAY, AUGUST 2
New Student 101 Orientations -
Lower School (Grades K-5):
9:00-10:30 a.m., Myrick Media Center
Middle School 101 (All Grade 6, and all new students in Grades 7-8):
9:00-11:00 a.m., Weber Collaboratory
High School 101 (All Grade 9, and at least one parent):
9:00-11:00 a.m., Murray Arts Center, Kristi Lynn Theatre
PMI Event (All Grade 9):
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Bowlero
PMI Up (NEW students to MPCS in rising grades 10-12): 2:00 p.m., Dozier Hall room 3105
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7
3:30-5:30 p.m. — BACK-2-SCHOOL NIGHT
Hughes Gymnasium, Dining Hall, and Classrooms
THURSDAY, AUGUST 8
First Day of School - 8:00 a.m.
Headmaster’s Breakfast (only new MPCS parents) 8:00 a.m., Murray Arts Center Grand Lobby
MONDAY, AUGUST 12
Parent Orientation Grades PK-2:
6:00 p.m. in classrooms
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13
Parent Orientation High School:
6:00 p.m., Dozier Hall Hogle Commons
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15
Parent Orientation Grades 3-5:
6:00 p.m. in classrooms
TUESDAY, AUGUST 20
Parent Orientation Middle School:
6:00 p.m., Murray Arts Center, Kristi Lynn Theatre
SHURLEY ENGLISH BOOT CAMP
For all new students (Grades 3-5)
7:30-8:00 a.m., Myrick Media Center
on the following dates:
August 15, 16, 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, and 30
(Contact Mrs. Rogers with any questions)
Learn these common terms used on campus by staff and students:
- 11:1 - High school mentorship program with lower school
- Black Box - The Black Box Theater on the 2nd floor of the Murray Arts Center
- Blue & Black Bash - Sports pre-game tailgate festivities
- The Cabin - Rowland Cabin, Directed Studies high school classrooms
- CLP - Connected Learning Program (1:1 Device and curriculum)
- CommUNITY - The diversity and inclusion initiative to encourage school community
- The Cottage - Sewell Cottage preschool building
- CRR - Choral Rehearsal Room in the 1st floor of the Murray Arts Center
- DS - Directed Studies program
- Eagles Nest - School store
- Guard House - the security guard building at the front gate entrance
- Grand Lobby - 2nd floor main lobby area of the Murray Arts Center
- Imagine Tomorrow - the final phase of the capital campaign to build the Murray Innovation Center
- KLT - Kristi Lynn Theatre of the Murray Arts Center
- Knox - Also known as the "barn," the Knox Athletic Performance Center (sports medicine, training, and weight room)
- Lake McDonald - the MPCS 6-acre lake
- The Landing - the turf play area next to the football field
- MAC - Murray Arts Center
- MIC - "Future" Murray Innovation Center, high school addition
- Morning Devotion - Every morning staff and students share announcements and devotion to begin the school day
- MPAC - Mount Paran Arts Council, parent arts group
- MPC - Mount Paran Christian (acronym used in athletics)
- MPCS - Mount Paran Christian School
- PK, LS, MS, HS - Preschool, Lower School, Middle School, High School
- PMI - Peer Mentor Initiative, high schoolers mentoring freshmen and new students
- PromRED - High school group supporting the End-it movement through prom
- PTF - Parent Teacher Fellowship, parent group supporting academics and fellowship events
- Shelton - The MPC Eagle mascot name
- Shelton Circle - the circular drive on the middle school side of the Mulkey building near the double-eagle statue
- Weber Collaboratory - the upstairs media center and collaboration space