ELEVATE MPCS: 2021-2026 STRATEGIC PLAN
March 19, 2021
Dear MPCS Family:
In September 2019, the Mount Paran Christian School community embarked upon a comprehensive, community-wide strategic planning process to engage all stakeholders, solicit feedback, ask bold questions, and create the strategic plan to guide decisions and goals in the ensuing five years. Led by a committee consisting of members of the Board of Trustees, head of school, faculty, staff, parents, students, and alumni, the mission, vision, and core values of MPCS were examined and affirmed to ensure all new strategic initiatives were missional sound.
“Elevate” provides the Board of Trustees, school administration, faculty, staff, and parents with a framework meant to steer MPCS on an increasingly upward trajectory. It serves as the plan that guides decision-making, policies, and goals for the coming years. The future of Mount Paran Christian School is bright as we look forward to many years of academic, artistic, and athletic excellence and impact built upon the foundation of Christ. The 2021-2026 MPCS Strategic Plan will “Elevate” the people, the program, and the place.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Timothy P. Wiens, Ed.D.
GROUND-BREAKING AND CONSTRUCTION HAS BEGUN
On Friday, February 5, MPCS celebrated the culmination of a years-long capital campaign with a “virtual” groundbreaking ceremony for the new Murray Innovation Center. The building, named after a generous lead gift from the Stuart and Eulene Murray Foundation, is a much-needed 23,000-plus square foot expansion of the current Dozier Hall high school, originally built to house just 250 students. With its booming enrollment, MPCS is thrilled to offer innovative new learning spaces for its 450 high school students.
MPCS families and staff were invited to watch the festivities safely via the live-stream. After a welcome from Head of School Dr. Tim Wiens and Chair of the Board of Trustees Mr. George Ethridge, Capital Campaign Co-Chair Mr. David Bottoms thanked the 276 donors who contributed $12.4 million to pay for the new building in full, including a $1 million building endowment fund. Head of High School and Assistant Head of School Mrs. Tawanna Rusk then shared specific features of the new building. The Murray Innovation Center will include additional classroom and lab space, as well as a collegiate-style technology-enhanced classroom, a maker space, a fabrication lab, a state-of-the-art digital lab, and a permanent home for the State-championship-winning Eagle Robotics teams.
Middle school students paraded onto the building site, lining to form the marked perimeter of the Murray Innovation Center building as a visual representation of the footprint. The event was officially commemorated with a countdown as Shelton, the Eagle mascot, released confetti cannons to the enthusiastic applause of those in attendance. MPCS looks forward to welcoming students into the Murray Innovation Center during the second semester of the 2021-2022 academic year. Click here to learn more about the project, watch the ceremony, and see the time-lapse video.
THANK YOU for taking a few minutes to visit the Mount Paran Christian School website. MPCS is a special place, as I am sure you will see throughout the pages of this site. Founded in 1976, Mount Paran Christian School serves families from the greater Atlanta area, seeking to develop servant-leaders who will honor God, love others, and walk in Truth.
As you will learn, MPCS stands out in several ways:
- We are distinctly Christian and pleased to partner with families and churches in the development of the minds and hearts of students.
- Our students are spectacular! They are scholars. They are athletes. They are artists. Driven to succeed inside and outside of the classroom, our graduates have become college professors, Major League Baseball players, and Broadway performers. They are also committed fathers, mothers, and Christians. They are influencing countless sectors throughout the world.
- Our faculty are the heart of all we do. They are committed intellectuals, researchers, and practitioners. Above all, they love students, their subject matter, and God and are committed to the success of every student.
- Our programs – academic, athletic, and artistic – prepare students to flourish and to excel in college and the workplace, for a lifetime of impact for all of eternity.
- Our campus and facilities are unparalleled. MPCS is home to world-class academic, arts, and athletic facilities.
I encourage you to come for a visit, arrange a tour, and witness all the exciting things happening on campus and within the lives of our students. We look forward to serving you and toward the possibility of you joining the MPCS family!
WingTips is an MPCS blog presented by Dr. Tim Wiens. Read "Why Independent School," as well as other Christian educational thought-leadership in recent articles, guest student posts, and blog series.