Greetings, MPCS Family!
We are off and running and already nearing the end of the first quarter of the school year. From my vantage point, we have had a strong start. There is so much good happening in our classrooms, on the fields, the courts, the stage, the lake, and anywhere else on campus our kids and their teachers, coaches, and mentors are gathering.
As we approach the final milestone of the Imagine Tomorrow Capital Campaign, I am amazed at what God has done through this community. I think it serves us well to consider where we are heading in the future, as a school and as a community. As a school, we know that education has changed in many ways in the last decade. Innovation, collaboration, and inter-disciplinary learning are key drivers in the world, in business, and certainly in education. As such, our teaching and learning must adapt to these changes so that our students will thrive both in future schooling and in life. Our ultimate goal is that our students flourish – not that they are simply prepared for the world of work. Our mission is that they honor God, love others, and walk in Truth. As such, our education is meant to facilitate those long-term objectives.
We are officially in the final stretch of our Imagine Tomorrow Capital Campaign. After twelve years and over $30 million for all three phases, we have less than a million left to go! By November, we must raise the remaining $850,000 toward the $12 million final project, the Murray Innovation Center. Over these years, God’s grace and the generosity of the MPCS community has been extraordinary. Thank you for bringing us this far! Now, it’s time to prayerfully consider how each of us might personally help contribute to reaching the finish line by November. (Visit Campaign Webpage)
I am so excited about the future of our school. While we still have a short way to go to close out the Imagine Tomorrow campaign, please join me in celebrating all that God has done for our students, our families, and the MPCS community. We have come so far, and we also have so much to look forward to. Thank you for the role you have played in the life of our school, the lives of our students, and the life of this incredible community.
Soli Deo Gloria,
THANK YOU for taking a few minutes to visit the Mount Paran Christian School website. MPCS is a special place, as I am sure you will see throughout the pages of this site. Founded in 1976, Mount Paran Christian School serves families from the greater Atlanta area, seeking to develop servant-leaders who will honor God, love others, and walk in Truth.
As you will learn, MPCS stands out in several ways:
- We are distinctly Christian and pleased to partner with families and churches in the development of the minds and hearts of students.
- Our students are spectacular! They are scholars. They are athletes. They are artists. Driven to succeed inside and outside of the classroom, our graduates have become college professors, Major League Baseball players, and Broadway performers. They are also committed fathers, mothers, and Christians. They are influencing countless sectors throughout the world.
- Our faculty are the heart of all we do. They are committed intellectuals, researchers, and practitioners. Above all, they love students, their subject matter, and God and are committed to the success of every student.
- Our programs – academic, athletic, and artistic – prepare students to flourish and to excel in college and the workplace, for a lifetime of impact for all of eternity.
- Our campus and facilities are unparalleled. MPCS is home to world-class academic, arts, and athletic facilities.
I encourage you to come for a visit, arrange a tour, and witness all the exciting things happening on campus and within the lives of our students. We look forward to serving you and toward the possibility of you joining the MPCS family!
WingTips is an MPCS blog presented by Dr. Tim Wiens. Read "Why Independent School," as well as other Christian educational thought-leadership in recent articles, guest student posts, and blog series.