We have so much in our past for which to be thankful. God has been faithful and has provided abundantly for our school. Now as we anticipate another semester and another decade, we have a bright future ahead. We will see 110 seniors graduate this year. We have a large capital project coming up as we begin the building of the Murray Innovation Center this spring. We have numerous preschoolers who will go into the “big school” and become another group of “lifers” who will spend the next thirteen years learning with us. It's an exciting time to be at MPCS.
Now, as we move deeper into this semester, I will be spending a lot of my time, along with the Board of Trustees and a great committee of faculty, staff, students, parents, grandparents, and alumni, preparing our next strategic plan. To that end, we seek your input as we develop our vision for 2020 and beyond.
If you haven't already, please read my recent blog on "School Strategy in the Pursuit of Excellence" which provides a full explanation of this year's strategic planning process.
The entire school community is invited to the "Strategic Planning Forum" this Monday, January 13 at 6:30 p.m. in the Murray Arts Center, Kristi Lynn Theatre. This will be a "town-hall style" open forum for parent feedback, suggestions, and collection of information. Please join us!
Following this event, parents may choose to sign up to attend the division-specific Focus Groups held at the dates and times listed below in the highlights section. This is your opportunity to share your positive and constructive feedback in a small-group setting.
The purpose of the focus groups is to ask questions and gather more direct feedback from parents involved within these areas. Thank you for taking part in this important planning for our school organization!
I look forward to connecting with many of you in the coming days as we enjoy the community that is MPCS and watch our children learn and grow. I wish you all of God’s blessings and know it will be a great second semester and decade!
Soli Deo Gloria,
THANK YOU for taking a few minutes to visit the Mount Paran Christian School website. MPCS is a special place, as I am sure you will see throughout the pages of this site. Founded in 1976, Mount Paran Christian School serves families from the greater Atlanta area, seeking to develop servant-leaders who will honor God, love others, and walk in Truth.
As you will learn, MPCS stands out in several ways:
- We are distinctly Christian and pleased to partner with families and churches in the development of the minds and hearts of students.
- Our students are spectacular! They are scholars. They are athletes. They are artists. Driven to succeed inside and outside of the classroom, our graduates have become college professors, Major League Baseball players, and Broadway performers. They are also committed fathers, mothers, and Christians. They are influencing countless sectors throughout the world.
- Our faculty are the heart of all we do. They are committed intellectuals, researchers, and practitioners. Above all, they love students, their subject matter, and God and are committed to the success of every student.
- Our programs – academic, athletic, and artistic – prepare students to flourish and to excel in college and the workplace, for a lifetime of impact for all of eternity.
- Our campus and facilities are unparalleled. MPCS is home to world-class academic, arts, and athletic facilities.
I encourage you to come for a visit, arrange a tour, and witness all the exciting things happening on campus and within the lives of our students. We look forward to serving you and toward the possibility of you joining the MPCS family!
WingTips is an MPCS blog presented by Dr. Tim Wiens. Read "Why Independent School," as well as other Christian educational thought-leadership in recent articles, guest student posts, and blog series.