Happy New Year!
January 2023 Monthly Memo
Dear MPCS Family,
We are off to a great start for the second half of the 2022-2023 school year! After a time of rest and celebrating with family over the Christmas break, I find it so energizing to start a new semester and see the many smiling faces of our students as they reconnect with friends and teachers.
It's my prayer that from now through May (and beyond), our school community continues to grow in our personal relationships with Jesus; that we continue to love one another; and that we remain intentional about extending grace and showing hospitality to all we encounter, be it classmates or colleagues, visitors to campus, other schools' sports teams, or prospective families who hope to join our community. As we do so, our impression upon those around us has the potential to be far reaching and eternal. A community of grace is ever impactful.
I also want to encourage you to read my blog posted for the new year. As you know, MPCS is a covenant school. As a result, I believe it is beneficial to refresh ourselves on what it really means to be covenantal and why it’s so important to our mission. Not only does this come into play through admission when accepting mission-fit families into our community, but it is also the lens through which we "do school" and "do life together" each and every day. We take seriously our responsibility to uphold our Faith Statement and will hold students, parents, faculty, and staff accountable. This sometimes involves hard conversations and tough decisions, but staying true to being faithful followers of Jesus is our ultimate goal. As you re-commit to MPCS for the 2023-2024 school year during this time of “Eagle-versaries,” you’ll find an opportunity to re-read our covenantal Statement of Faith.
We are a part of something very special here at MPCS. God has blessed us beyond all we could ask or imagine. Thank you for being an integral part of our community; it's a privilege to lead and learn alongside you. Happy New Year!
Soli Deo Gloria,
JUST LEARNING ABOUT MPCS?
THANK YOU for taking a few minutes to visit the Mount Paran Christian School website. MPCS is a special place, as I am sure you will see throughout the pages of this site. Founded in 1976, Mount Paran Christian School serves families from the greater Atlanta area, seeking to develop servant-leaders who will honor God, love others, and walk in Truth.
As you will learn, MPCS stands out in several ways:
- We are distinctly Christian and pleased to partner with families and churches in the development of the minds and hearts of students.
- We are a covenant school, remaining steadfast in our commitment to partner with parents to deliver an exemplary, Christian education.
- Our students are spectacular! They are scholars. They are athletes. They are artists. Driven to succeed inside and outside of the classroom, our graduates have become college professors, Major League Baseball players, and Broadway performers. They are also committed fathers, mothers, and Christians. They are influencing countless sectors throughout the world.
- Our faculty are the heart of all we do. They are committed intellectuals, researchers, and practitioners. Above all, they love students, their subject matter, and God and are committed to the success of every student.
- Our programs – academic, athletic, and artistic – prepare students to flourish and to excel in college and the workplace, for a lifetime of impact for all of eternity.
- Our campus and facilities are unparalleled. MPCS is home to world-class academic, arts, and athletic facilities.
I encourage you to come for a visit, arrange a tour, and witness all the exciting things happening on campus and within the lives of our students. We look forward to serving you and toward the possibility of you joining the MPCS family!
GET TO KNOW DR. TIM WIENS
WingTips is an MPCS blog presented by Dr. Tim Wiens. Read "Why Independent School," as well as other Christian educational thought-leadership in recent articles, guest student posts, and blog series.