WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
Mount Paran Christian School exists to provide a stellar academic experience with Christ at the center. Through curricular Bible classes, weekly chapel, discipleship groups, and service, faith becomes ingrained into who each student is. From the smallest three-year-old to the tallest high school senior, our mission is to prepare servant-leaders to honor God, love others, and walk in Truth.
So what sets MPCS set apart?
- Unwavering Christian faith among our school family of staff, students, and parents
- Small classes (average 12:1 student-teacher ratio) ensures every student is known and loved
- More AP/Honors/PLTW® courses than any other private school in Cobb county
- Instructional Support for all types of learners
- 1:1 device Connected Learning Program
- Award-winning arts with a premier magnet program in areas of music, drama, and visual arts
- Character-developing athletics (grades 5-12) boasting countless middle and high school Championship titles
- Biblical integration as well as chapel, Bible studies, service, and student-to-student mentoring
HOW DOES A "CHRISTIAN" SCHOOL STACK UP ACADEMICALLY?
Students are given every opportunity to excel in the classroom with small student-teacher ratios and rigorous course loads. Uncompromising academics are in no way sacrificed due to our Christian faith; nowhere in scripture is mediocrity applauded. However, our unwavering commitment to exemplary academics goes hand-in-hand with nurturing faith within the hearts and minds of our students.
- SAIS/AdvancED accreditation and CESA qualifications
- All teachers degreed and/or Georgia-certified, many with advanced degrees/training
- 56 AP and honors courses in high school
- Project Lead The Way® (engineering grades K-12)
- Lower school ENCORE gifted program and Directed Studies instructional support program
- Eagle Robotics (grades K-12)
- 100% college acceptances to colleges such as Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Emory, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, M.I.T., Princeton, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UGA (average 20% of class), UNC, Wheaton, and Yale
- $8+ million in college scholarships offered (before HOPE/Zell)
When you visit MPCS, you will notice the bustling hallways, the comradery between upper and lower classmen, the energy during Friday night lights, the confidence on stage opening night, or the Truth woven into daily wisdom and love nurtured in the classroom. Come experience the energy — it’s what makes this place exceptional. It's what makes MPCS family.
As a parent, you've got ONE shot at raising your children right!
READ the statistics about the importance of a spiritual and academically
challenging foundation in: "The Case for Christian Education."
VIRTUAL MPCS - LEARNING CONTINUES SEAMLESSLY
During the COVID-19 quarantine, MPCS students and faculty have thrived with at-home Virtual Learning. The continued education of EVERY student grades PK3-12 has been seamless with the use of the 1:1 device Connected Learning Program already in place, and structured class time with online teaching in every subject. Our goal is to finish the school year strong so that all students are equipped with the required knowledge and full credits to move on to the next level without missing a beat.
We invite families interested in learning more to sign up for our VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE "ON-DEMAND." Until an on-campus visit can be scheduled, our Virtual Walking Tour and conversation with students will help you get acquainted with the MPCS family. Be sure to sign up using the form on this page, and admission will send you the the tour videos and next steps to get your questions answered.
Thank you for voting us the “Best Private School” in Cobb county for the second year in a row! We are humbled and blessed by your votes for the MDJ/Cobb Life 2019 and 2020 honors in the Best of Cobb Kids and Education category. MPCS was also voted "Best Preschool,""Best Performing Arts Program," and "Best Teacher - Kelly Moss." Read more about why MPCS earned the #1 title.