MPCS faculty and staff can not wait to welcome you back to campus! We know you have a lot of questions about what school will look like for your children. Click above to watch the video which explains what they can expect on the first day, and be sure to share it with your child(ren) as well!
INSIDE SCHOOL BUILDINGS
Here's a few changes to take note of:
- Please remember that we are unable to allow parents inside the buildings, even on the first day of school. So be sure to get your photos at home or outside.
- We will post many first-day photos on our school social media so be on the lookout.
- Feel free to grab any of our free "MPCS is Family" signs posted on campus to take home for your front yard.
- Though chapel has moved to Tuesdays, students can wear normal uniform attire on the first day.
- Students will notice new signage and floor markings when they enter the school building.
- All K-12 students will receive an MPC Eagle buff in their first period class or homeroom. Please have them wear a disposable mask or they own for the first day of carpool.
- While in carpool and hallway transitions, we will require that students and staff wear face coverings.
- We will remind students to keep 3-6 feet physical distance while in transitions as well.
- Students will not be required to wear buffs or masks while in seated in class, but are encouraged to do so if they are comfortable.
- Students will be asked to wash or sanitize hands frequently throughout the day.
Due to the morning carpool temperature checks and COVID screening, we ask for your patience and flexibility as we begin this new system. A few items to remember to make carpool run more smoothly are:
- Please use the same carpool route in the morning that you are alphabetically assigned for the afternoon. This will help divide cars more evenly in each of the drop-off locations.
- If you don't receive your carpool card in the mail by Monday, please email email@example.com
- Remember, drop-off begins at 7:20 a.m. and school starts at 7:50 a.m. (early drop-off is at 7:00 a.m.)
- Once in the car line, have your child(ren) unbuckle and move to the right side of the vehicle.
- Please roll down windows as staff screeners walk down the line of cars to take temperatures and ask a series of COVID-19 symptom questions.
- If your child has a temperature over 99.9°F or is experiencing COVID symptoms, you will be asked to pull aside or go home. The nurse will contact you later that morning.
- You will pick-up your student(s) in the same location for afternoon carpool. New this year, students will stay in classrooms and, using new technology, will be called by name/number to exit upon your arrival.
- Note that the second day of school is our first Late-Start Wednesday, with drop-off starting at 8:15 a.m. (7:00 a.m. early care is available). On Wednesdays, the school day begins at 8:35 a.m.
Thank you for entrusting your child(ren) into our care this school year, whether it be on campus, or virtually. We are humbled and blessed by the commitment of our families to a Christ-centered education. Truly, our "family reunion" on August 11 will be so sweet!