Our MPCS food service partner SAGE Dining has been carefully planning for a safe reopening! Every element of the program reflects healthcare and food service best practices. Take a look at the list of additional protective measures and changes that will be in place in our grades K-12 dining program:
- SAGE team members have been trained on proper sanitation procedures, physical distancing protocols, and reporting for COVID-19. They have also completed ServSafe® training for COVID-19 and will be constantly refreshed with SAGE Take 5 Training. SAGE management is updated regularly on DPH policies and adheres to current best practice.
- Plexiglass shields will be placed between servers and students.
- Hand-sanitizer stations will be placed at all entrances to the dining hall.
- Students will be encouraged to wash/sanitize their hands before and after meals.
- Students will utilize floor markings to direct traffic flow and keep their distance while in lines.
- Condiments and salad dressings will be pre-portioned.
- Cutlery and napkins will be wrapped for single use.
- Bottled beverages will be provided.
- Although there will not be any self-serve options, a pre-assembled garden or caesar salad will be offered daily with a protein to top the salad.
- Self-service stations will be replaced with pre-assembled items to include cut fruit, hummus with celery and carrots, wrapped deli sandwiches, pasta salad, and more.
- Student favorites such as pizza, chicken fingers, hot sandwiches, etc. will be offered on a rotating daily basis.
- Second-helpings will be offered by table. The flow of students going for seconds will be monitored to prevent gathering.
- Seating has been expanded and marked for physical distancing.
- Semi-permanent tents have been added on the dining hall patio for additional seating to accommodate physical distancing.
- The kitchen, tables, chairs, and frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized after each use with EPA-approved disinfectants.
- High school students (only) will be served in both the dining hall and classrooms in Dozier Hall. Seniors and juniors will be served in the dining hall on "A" days. Sophomores and freshmen will be served in the dining hall on "B" days. Students will make their "delivery to Dozier Hall" menu selectionsfor the following week via an online order form every Friday afternoon.
- Families are strongly encouraged to download the Touch of Sage App from the Apple Store or Google Play. The app allows you to see the menu, filter for allergens, and give your feedback to SAGE directly.
MPCS greatly appreciates your patience and flexibility as we adapt to these new measures this semester. SAGE is committed to offering a great variety of meal choices and continuing to serve students at the same high level that you have come to expect. If you have any questions, please reference our SAGE COVID-19 safety page, or feel free to reach out to SAGE via the app or to Chef Allen Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!