We are excited to start this school year with SAGE Dining. Following are things we look forward to in the dining room:
- Updated Nutrition Program - You may notice that the SAGE Spotlight Program® Spotlight colors have changed. Instead of green, yellow, and red, you'll now see three varying shades of green on menus online and in the dining area, as well as in the Touch of SAGE® mobile app. Menu items are assigned a Spotlight color based on nutrient density. The green Spotlights serve as a reminder that all foods fit.
- SAGE Allergy Updates - There will be a new approach this year in the provision of an allergy-sensitive plate and serving station by SAGE Dining Services, in which some of the most common allergens are avoided in the recipes. There are approximately 250 recipes in the SAGE repertoire specially developed for this purpose. Look for the purple-handled serving utensils in a new station coming soon.
Lunch service times are as follows:
- Lower school: 10:20-11:30 a.m. (staggered entry/exit by grade)
- High school: 11:33 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
- Middle school: 12:25-1:00 p.m. (1:00-1:30 p.m. Wednesdays); middle school eighth-grade recess/lunch rotation continued
Students will be encouraged to
- Wash/sanitize their hands before and after lunch.
- Stay in line.
- Make balanced plate selections (protein, vegetable, starch, fresh salad/fruit) and know their selection.
We encourage you to download the Touch of SAGE® app on your mobile phone! Stay in touch SAGE to see each day's menu, rate your favorite items, filter for allergens, give feedback, and view upcoming events. Get the “Touch of Sage” Android or iPhone mobile app via the app store.
When choosing the Allergen Filter within the app, you can select the allergens that apply and tap SAVE. Then, the daily menu will gray out the items that your student(s) should avoid at lunch. As always, you are your own best defense against ingesting a food allergen. Feel free to ask Chef Moe questions if you’re unsure about a dish.