We are excited to start 2021-2022 with as normal a lunch service as possible, unless local authorities stipulate otherwise. Given that, following are things we look forward to in the dining room:
- Easier and more traditional online SAGE menu format
- Self-service/specialty stations (drinks, salad, soup, sandwich, condiments, panini (middle and high school), cereal, dessert, featured foods)
- Specialty salads instructions and “demo plates” on the salad bar with daily featured salads
- Easier lower school self-service (veggie bags, sliced fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks, small salads, small water bottles)
- Weekly offerings of cookies or special treats
- Larger initial entrée portions for middle and high school students with balanced plate selections
- Return of the additional entrée service station in front of the Roost
- Return of the pasta station with sauce rotation now paired with a protein
- Daily availability of baked chicken for adults
- Daily rotation of a One-Plate Allergy option, safe for all common allergies
- Future plans for student-led initiatives regarding plastic recycling and vegetable scrap composting in our garden
With return to normal seating, lunch service times are as follows:
- Lower school: 10:20-11:30 a.m. (staggered entry/exit by grade)
- High school: 11:33 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
- Middle school: 12:35-1:15 p.m. non-chapel days (12:45-1:25 p.m. chapel days); middle school eighth-grade recess/lunch rotation continued
Students will be encouraged to:
- Wash/sanitize their hands before and after lunch.
- Stay in line.
- Make balanced plate selections (protein, vegetable, starch, fresh salad/fruit) and know their selection.
- Place used plastic cups and water bottles in recycling bins provided at the end of lunch.
We encourage you to download the new SAGE Dining app on your mobile phone! Stay in touch with our lunch catering company, SAGE, to explore the menu, rate your favorite items, filter for allergens, give feedback, and view upcoming events. Stay informed of menu enhancements and new safety and sanitization protocols. Get the “Touch of Sage” Android or iPhone mobile app via the app store.