As is MPCS tradition, rising seniors from the class of 2024 are invited to take advantage of the opportunity to decorate their parking spots! A design that honors our school community and demonstrates school "spirit" will be approved by administration.
- Designs must be submitted May 23 at the high school office at the same time parking reservations are requested. The fee is $25 and only applies if students choose to paint.
- The senior lot is the only lot where spots may be painted. If a senior does not acquire a spot there, he/she will not be able to paint.
- Students should prime their spot on July 28 from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- The official "Senior Spots" painting day with music and food provided will be held July 29 from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- See below for more information and the painting supplies list.
This event is sponsored by the high school and the National Art Honor Society. Should you have any questions about high school parking, please reach out to Ms. Ashley Cochran, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Ms. Karr about painting spots at email@example.com.
GUIDELINES FOR SENIOR SPOT PAINTING
Before Painting - May 23
Seniors should secure a parking spot through the new registration process. It is the student's responsibility to provide all the necessary painting supplies to decorate the spot. All designs must be pre-approved. No political or otherwise divisive designs.
Priming Day - July 28
Students MUST prime their spot between 5:00-8:00 p.m., arriving by 6:30 p.m. at the latest. Please verify your spot location before priming. Use the recommended "Gripper" or "SealGrip" primer. You may have your primer tinted the color of your background to save a step. You may not paint over parking spot numbers. You must leave a 6-inch border around all sides.
Painting Day - July 29
Students may paint anytime between 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. All painting must be completed by 4:00 p.m.! The parking lot will be coned off, and NO cars will be allowed in painting areas Friday or Saturday.
Use tape to mask off. Do not paint outside the existing lines. Sketch your design with chalk and paint. You must take your trash and any unused supplies with you! Do not discard paint, trays, rollers, etc. at school. Students are responsible for touchup and maintenance throughout the year.
Parents are welcome to attend. Light refreshments will be provided by NAHS throughout the day. Look for communications regarding inclement weather.
SUGGESTED SUPPLIES LIST
- 1 gallon PPG "SealGrip" or Glidden "Gripper" primer (purchased from The Home Depot or Lowe's)
- Exterior Latex Paint Colors
- Rollers and Extender Pole
- Roller Covers
- Paint Trays
- Paint Brushes
- Wide Masking Tape
- Rags or Paper Towels
- Water and Cooler
- Trash Bags