Each year, MPCS preschool and lower school host Rock Your School Week, a time of celebration for our students. Mark your calendars for this year's event, February 27-March 3, and make note of the activities planned.
LOWER SCHOOL ROCK YOUR SCHOOL WEEK ACTIVITIES
Lower school will have a literacy focus, with each grade level focusing on a particular book/author for the week. There will also be dress-down days for the week.
LOWER SCHOOL ROCK YOUR SCHOOL WEEK EVENTS AND DRESS-DOWN THEMES
MONDAY: Athletic Wear
Students will participae in the Fun Run during their PE class. Parents are invited to run with us. If you want to join us, meet us at the track in the Sewell Stadium
- Kindergarten: 2:15 p.m.
- First Grade: 1:35 p.m.
- Second Grade: 12:15 p.m.
- Third Grade: 9:40 a.m.
- Fourth Grade: 8:50 a.m.
- Fifth Grade: 10:25 a.m.
All funds raised will benefit the Katy Rogers Scholarship Fund. With more than $70,000 raised already toward the $100,000 needed, we hope to permanently endow the scholarship by the end of this year in memory of our dear friend and colleague. Your children have been encouraged to participate in household chores to raise money for the Fun Run.
TUESDAY: College Day (College shirts and jeans or uniform shorts, no hats)
Fifth-Grade Basketball Tournament (Fifth-graders playing in the tournament may wear athletic shorts.)
WEDNESDAY: Favorite Color Shirt (non-uniform shirt and jeans or uniform shorts)
THURSDAY: Comfy Day (sweatpants, jeans, or uniform shorts with T-shirts)
Read Across America
FRIDAY: Favorite Book Character (Grades K-4) and 5-Grade Idiom (Sandwich board or costume of favorite book character. NO movie characters and no masks.)
- Book Parade at 1:30 p.m. Parents are invited to join us for our parade and Cereal Box Domino Train.
- Kindergarten: The works of Laura Numeroff
- First Grade: Pete the Cat
- Second Grade: The works of Dr. Seuss
- Third Grade: How to Eat Fried Worms
- Fourth Grade: The Lemonade War
- Fifth Grade: Wizard of Oz
- We will collect new cereal for our domino train, as well as shelf-stable milk (such as Horizon Organic) to benefit the Marietta Food Pantry.
- We will also collect new or gently used children's books to benefit Books for Africa.
- Please encourage your children to complete chores around the house to earn funds to contribute to the Fun Run to benefit the Katy Rogers Scholarship Fund.
PRESCHOOl/TK ROCK YOUR SCHOOL WEEK ACTIVITIES
PRESCHOOL/TK SPECIAL DRESS-UP DAYS
- Monday: CANDY LAND (Dress in bright “candy-like” colors to match our Candy Land theme)
- Tuesday: COLLEGE DAY (Dress in support of your favorite college team)
- Wednesday: FAVORITE COLOR DAY (Dress head-to-toe in your favorite color)
- Thursday: COMFY DAY (Dress in your comfiest clothes like jeans, sweatpants, shorts, or PJs)
- Friday: FUN RUN DAY (Wear your best athletic gear and fastest shoes for the Fun Run)
CEREAL COLLECTION - FEBRUARY 24-MARCH 3
Send in boxes of cereal February 24-March 3 to benefit Marietta Food Pantry in partnership with Marietta City Schools and MUST Ministries.
READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY - MARCH 2
On Dr. Seuss’ Birthday, March 2, we'll join in special story times during the school day.
STORY TIME WITH MS. PENNY - MARCH 2
Join Ms. Penny via Zoom for a goodnight story on Thursday, March 2 at 7:00 p.m.
FUN RUN - MARCH 3
Part of our school mission is to prepare servant-leaders. To help our students understand and practice serving others, we will hold a Fun Run during the school day (by grade level) to benefit the Katy Rogers Scholarship Fund for Directed Studies.
With more than $70,000 raised already toward the $100,000 needed, we hope to permanently endow the scholarship by the end of this year in memory our dear friend and colleague.
You may send in a donation in the form of cash or check on the day of our Fun Run. Children are encouraged to complete household chores to earn money they can use as their “entry fee” for our Fun Run on March 3. Any donations are completely voluntary. All students will participate in the fun run, regardless of money raised.
- PK3 8:15-8:30 a.m.
- PK4 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- TK 9:15-9:30 a.m.
*Please note: Date and times of the Fun Run will be confirmed the last week of February, as we may have to adjust based on the weather. Parents are invited to join us to watch and cheer as children run/walk the one-mile Fun Run!