New for 2023-2024, MPC arts and athletics are pleased to announce a varsity spirit/competition dance team for girls in rising grades 9-12! With more than 100 dancers involved with the MPCS dance program, this new offering is a great partnership between MPC athletics and arts.
Plans for the dance team include performing at home football games and occasional basketball games, as well as pursuing competition in the Georgia High School Association dance team championships.
- For girls in rising grades 9-12.
- Tryouts will take place in August/September.
- Prior dance experience of one-year or more is strongly preferred. Cheer dance experience would also apply.
- A Dance Team Boot Camp, offered through the Murray Arts Center, will take place this summer. Date to be announced.
- Participants will be performing during “Friday Nights Lights” at football games (mostly home) and basketball games.
- The competitive season starts late winter/January and runs through the first weekend of March. The team must participate in six competitions to qualify to compete at the State level.
Interested in trying out for the girls varsity dance team? Fill out the Form below by May 24.