Starting Wednesday, August 12
The first late-start Wednesday for the 2020-2021 school year will be on August 12. Students, staff, and faculty will start their normal school day at 8:35 a.m. instead of 7:50 a.m. This delayed start provides dedicated time for many more opportunities for professional development of faculty and staff, multi-grade level teacher collaboration, and parent or student-led Bible studies. This model is a proven best-practice enabling ongoing teacher training which leads to higher student achievement across all levels.
Students may be dropped off during late-start Wednesday morning carpool from 8:15–8:35 a.m. The official school day will begin with the morning devotion and announcements at 8:35 a.m. Bus route pick-up times will remain the same every day. If needed, parents may drop off students at 7:00 a.m. for early care or 7:20 a.m. for morning study hall sessions. Any students arriving on campus before 8:15 a.m. must attend these monitored early-care areas. Normal 7:50 a.m. start time will apply only on one Wednesday due to testing on December 16. Please do not hesitate to contact the school office with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your cooperation!
Wednesday Mornings Schedule:
7:00 a.m. — Early Care, Myrick Media Center
7:20 a.m. — Buses begin arriving
Early student drop-offs to early-care areas:
- Preschool students report to Sewell Cottage
- Grade 1 students report to Mrs. Brown’s classroom
- Grade 2 students report to Mrs. Jadlocki’s classroom
- Grade 3 students report to Mrs. Robillard’s classroom
- Grade 4 students report to Mrs. Ewell’s classroom
- Grade 5 students report to Mrs. Condra’s classroom
- Middle school students report to dining hall
- High school students report to dining hall
- Students involved in Bible studies will report to designated classrooms
8:15 a.m. — Carpool drop-off begins
8:35 a.m. — School day begins with morning devotion and announcements
Note: Chapel will now be held on Tuesdays.