As always, MPCS is ready to learn face-to-face in class, and through the synchronous virtual "in-class" video technology! Grade 6-12 Connected Learning Program devices will be distributed at the NEW student 101 events on August 3 and on the first days of school.
All other high school students who have not yet recieved their Microsoft Surface Pro may pickup devices on August 5 (9:00-10:00 a.m. or 1:00-2:00 p.m.) in the Dozier Hall circle. If you cannot make this alternate date your high school student will have to see the IT department (EagleTech) once school begins. Middle school grades 7-8 will recieve their device in class the first week of school.
MPCS is now offering a Connected Learning Program device INSURANCE policy so you can elect to cover your student's device for the entire school year!
- The optional policy issued through the Worth Ave. Group covers the entire device through May 30, 2021 for a modest cost. This includes damages, loss, or theft for a full replacement.
- You will have the option to insure the device again during subsequent full school years for approximately $86.
- You can purchase the (optional but recommended) policy now at https://gpo.worthavegroup.com/gpo/mtparan/.
- If you elect NOT to carry the optional insurance, any unforeseen damages will revert to the published costs outlined in the CLP Agreement (from enrollment/re-enrollment applications) found in the Student-Parent Handbook under technology/device policies.
- Please note that any damage to a device will incur repair costs, which will either be covered by the above insurance or by the parent directly, if insurance is not purchased.
Generally, our students work extremely well with the devices and take great responsibility and care with their computer equipment. Our Information Technology department is appreciative of your support to maximize learning through the Connected Learning Program at Mount Paran Christian School!
The deadline to purchase insurance for the 2020-2021 school year is October 17, 2020. We encourage you to sign up for the insurance coverage today!
Contact Dave Bennett, Director of Information Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.