Sanitization Protocols for COVID-19
As you aware from the MPCS Family Reunion Plan to get back to campus, MPCS has been preparing for enhanced sanitization measures to begin the new school year. Some of these added cleaning protocols include
- Following CDC hygiene protocols and posting signs throughout campus.
- Daily use of safe, electrostatic handheld sprayers on prepped surfaces and all public spaces.
- HVAC/AC system cleaning and continual maintenance of high-grade filters in all facilities.
- Using only EPA-approved, safe disinfectants.
- Continual cleaning of common interior spaces and dining hall throughout each day.
- Installing more than 100 hand-sanitization stations on campus.
- Washing/sanitizing hands upon entry and exit of common spaces.
- Providing masks and gloves for use by staff members as needed, as well as buffs for student use during transitions.
- Adding touchless check-in systems for visitor appointments.
- Utilizing multiple new computer equipment cleaning units.
- Installation of the high-tech air purification system called Synexis (details outlined below).
Installation of Synexis Microbial Reduction System
What is Synexis?
The system newly installed at MPCS is a continuously-running technology that helps reduce germs such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi in the air and on surfaces. The Synexis system is specifically designed for occupied spaces and operates 24 hours a day - every single day - to disinfect continuously.
How does it work?
The Synexis system takes what is naturally in the environment (ambient oxygen and humidity, water molecules in gas form), to create a safe and effective molecule (H2O2) known as Dry Hydrogen Peroxide (DHP). All microorganisms (such as COVID-19) require water from the environment to survive. The hydrogen peroxide molecule (H2O2) is very similar in structure to water (H2O) and can attach itself to a microbe's access points. Once attached, a natural breakdown of the microbe occurs.
This Synexis DHP technology impacts every corner of our indoor environment, reducing bacteria, mold, and viruses in the air and on all surfaces throughout MPCS facilities. Designed for active spaces such as classrooms or dining areas, the Synexis systems work continuously without disrupting classes and daily activities.
Is it safe?
Synexis is a natural, green technology and is EPA-approved. The DHP created is far below OSHA regulations for safety. The technology is also UL-Certified as non-ozone producing.
Is Synexis installed in other types of facilities?
Yes! Synexis technology is installed in hospitals, restaurants, major league sports venues, casinos, hotels, schools, daycares, office buildings, retail stores, animal hospitals, and many other populated indoor spaces.
Visit www.synexis.com to learn more about the system. You may also contact Director of Operations, John Sess for questions at email@example.com.
With so many protocols put into effect for the 2020-2021 school year, we are ready to welcome our students safely back to campus on August 11!