The Mount Paran Christian School Eagle Card is a student photo ID card that offers the option to purchase items at any location on the MPCS campus, such as at any concession stand, the Eagles Nest school store, "On The Fly" middle school snack cart, and Roost coffee shop.
To get started, upper school parents have the option to “load” the pre-paid Eagle Card using the FACTS tuition portal. If a student needs to replace a lost tie or wishes to purchase a smoothie, he or she can use the card to grab one without having to carry cash or a credit card. The card can also be used for chicken biscuit purchases. We are excited to offer this convenient option this year in the upper grades (middle/high) and then in fifth-grade in the spring semester.
ParentEd.: Teaching Fiscal Responsibility to Teens
Did you know the Bible mentions money and finances more than 800 times? The Eagle Card provides an opportunity for parents to instruct tweens and teens about the principles of fiscal responsibility. Parents, to help you biblically guide your child(ren) regarding how to be responsible with the funds you optionally load onto the pre-paid Eagle Card, be sure to view the recorded ParentEd. session "Teaching Fiscal Responsibility to Teens." AP Economics Teacher Mrs. Syndi Kyle and Assistant Head of School for Christian Life Mr. Steve Kyle provide practical ways to guide teens on their earning, saving, and wise spending of money. They provide tips on introducing children to concepts related to money to learn how to spend within means, as well as biblical advice you can implement in your home as you use the Eagle Card. The Eagle Card will give students a chance to practice these skills in a safe and secure way.
To get started, here is what you should know and expect:
- Parents will receive an Eagle Card "invitation" email notice from FACTS asking that you make an online advance payment on your participating pre-pay student account(s).
- A minimum deposit of $50 is required to get started for all new cards.
- In early December, Eagle Cards will be active and distributed to all upper school students. Fifth-grade students will receive Eagle Cards in the spring semester.
- Eagle Cards can be used to make purchases on campus at Roost, concessions, the Eagles Nest school store, and the soon-to-open “On The Fly” middle school snack cart. (The “On The Fly” middle school snack cart will only accept the Eagle Card for snack purchases in the middle school.)
- When a student makes a purchase, the charges reduce your student’s prepay account daily, as incurred. You will be notified via email of the charges when applied.
- If your account falls below the minimum balance threshold of $10, you will receive a "low balance alert" to promptly replenish your account, if you so choose.
- If there is no money left in the Eagle Card prepay account, the student will not be able to make a purchase with this method of payment.
- Families can log in to their online account at any time to view their activity, payment history, etc.
- Contact the student accounts office with any questions.
We hope that the Eagle Card will provide teaching moments for our students, as well as the convenience of on-campus purchases at our student-run businesses. Thank you for your continued support of these innovative programs at MPCS.
HOW TO ADD FUNDS:
1. Log into the FACTS tuition payment portal. Choose to ADD FUNDS to prepay accounts.
2. Choose each student for which you wish to add funds and enter the amount.
3. Confirm payment information for adding funds.