One of the greatest weeks of the year, the entire MPCS family will celebrate Homecoming Spirit Week October 10-14! We will kick-off events on Monday, October 10 with theme dress-down days for grades PK-12.
As part of spirit week, we will once again partner with MUST Ministries for the Fall Food Drive to collect food October 4-13 for those in need in the surrounding community. With their donations, middle school students can earn House points, and high school students can earn spirit week class points. Read more.
The Blue & Black Bash pre-game tailgate on Friday begins at 6:00 p.m. The night will culminate with an Alumni Dinner and crowning of the Homecoming Queen at halftime.
Check-out the full schedule of themes and events below.
SPIRIT WEEK LINEUP: October 10-14
(All dress-down items must be school-appropriate)
- MONDAY - Lower and Middle School – Comfy Day; Preschool/TK - Comfy/PJ Day
High School – Characters from Childhood (Book and TV)
- TUESDAY - Lower and Middle School – Dress for Success; Preschool/TK - Camo/Tie Dye Day
High School – Generations Day
- Seniors: Elderly
- Juniors: Middle-aged (soccer mom/BBQ dad)
- Sophomores: Tweens/Elementary
- Freshmen: Baby
- WEDNESDAY - Lower and Middle School – Tie Dye or Camo; Preschool/TK - Character Day
High School – Adam Sandler Day (baggy clothes)
- THURSDAY - Lower and Middle School – College or Pro Team Day; Preschool/TK - College Day
High School – Class Theme Day
- Seniors: Toy Story
- Juniors: Pirates of the Caribbean
- Sophomores: Star Wars
- Freshmen: Minions
- FRIDAY - Preschool/TK, Lower School, and Middle School – MPCS Spirit Day
High School – Class T-Shirt Day
HOMECOMING GAME DAY: Friday, October 14
- 2:00 p.m. - Daytime Parade (Grades PK3-12); Parents Welcome
- 2:30 p.m. - Upper School Pep Rally in Hughes Gymnasium (Grades 6-12); Students Only
- 6:00 p.m. - Blue & Black Bash Tailgate “Black-out”; Joy FM Christian Radio will join us at the tailgate, DJ, Chick-fil-A food truck, jumpies, NAHS face-painting, and Kona Ice
- 6:30 p.m. - Alumni Dinner [RSVP Here]
- 6:40 p.m. - Eagle Walk
- 7:30 p.m. - Kickoff
- Halftime - Alumni Recognition, Homecoming Court Presentation, and Crowning of the Queen
Friday Parade PARKING and CARPOOL
With all the excitement for Friday afternoon's Homecoming Parade, please plan to park at Riverstone Church. Please note parking procedures for Friday's festivities:
- Shuttles from Riverstone Church will be available from 1:15-1:45 p.m. for parents who would like to attend the daytime PARADE (parade only). Shuttles will continue for parents (adults only) at the conclusion of the parade and will run until 2:45 p.m.
- Shuttles will pick up at the top of the Shelton steps (which cross to Lot B) near the base of the main entrance drive. We will have two shuttles running during the these time windows.
- The Pep Rally is for students in grades 6-12 only, no parents.
- Please, NO early checkouts. We ask you return via shuttle to your car and continue to your normal carpool route.
- If you are coming on campus for carpool, please do not do so until after 3:00 p.m. to avoid back-ups.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during carpool as we celebrate with our school community!