The high school guidance and college counseling department is already planning for student/parent college meetings starting August 23. Sign ups will be distributed via email soon. In the meantime, we invite you to learn more about how we are here to partner with you in your academic journey, as well as in finding the best-fit colleges for your student.
Department of Counseling by the Numbers:
- 80 - In a typical year, our department arranges approximately 80 college and university visits to the MPCS campus to connect with students.
- 13 - The college counseling department has been in existence for the past 13 years.
- 3 - Our department is led by three experienced professionals who offer individualized support to high school students. Each counselor will assist her students with all counseling needs, from social-emotional issues, to academic recommendations, to college and career planning.
- Mrs. Lussier: Assisting all ninth-grade students, as well as all directed studies students in all grades
- Dr. Holmes: Assisting grades 10-12 students with last names A-H with academic and college planning
- Mrs. Streitmatter: Assisting grades 10-12 students with last names I-Z with academic and college planning
- 1 - One size does not fit all. There's no one way to approach the college selection process. Each MPCS student receives a personal approach with his/her college counselor to connect with right-fit colleges.
College selection can often be confusing and even intimidating for families, but we help make the process manageable and exciting. By answering questions and providing advice, we aim to guide you toward academic success and the college that is just the right fit for you!
Viola Lussier, Ed.S., email@example.com
Director of Counseling
Counselor Grade 9 and Directed Studies
Trici Holmes, Ed.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of College Counseling
College Counselor Grades 10-12, Last Names A-H
Sarah Streitmatter, M.Ed., MA, email@example.com
College Counselor Grades 10-12, Last Names I-Z