On April 14, middle school students will travel to Woodlands Camp in Cleveland, Georgia, where they will have an extended school day. Students will have time for fun and fellowship utilizing all the activities and games offered by Woodlands. Most importantly, there will be time for worship, prayer, and learning more about God through his Word.
Arrival and Return:
Students need to arrive to the MPCS campus between 5:30-5:45 a.m. to load the buses. Drop-off will occur in the large parking lot behind the Murray Arts building. Buses will depart MPCS promptly at 6:00 a.m. Teachers will be in the parking lot to direct students to the correct bus. We will return to campus by 9:00 p.m. that evening. Please plan to arrive at 8:45 p.m. to pick your child up in the same location as drop-off.
What to Wear:
Students must wear any middle school House apparel (T-shirts from last year, purchased T-shirts or outerwear from this year, House polo) with athletic bottoms. Shorts are allowed for all students but should be appropriate in length. Students should use their P.E. shorts as a guideline for appropriate length. Tennis shoes are required (no Crocs). Students may want to have a jacket or MPCS sweatshirt for the morning activities.
What to Bring: (Please pack the following items in a sling bag or small backpack)
- Bible/Journal/Writing Utensil
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Sunscreen (We will be outside most of the day.)
- Bug spray
- Money for snack shop/gift shop/coffee bar (optional)
What NOT to Bring:
- Cell phones and all smartwatches need to be left AT HOME on Friday. If you need to contact your child during the day, you are welcome to send an email, or you may call the front desk of the school and the message will be immediately relayed. If your child needs to contact you during the day, they may use the phone of any adult in attendance.
- No electronic devices of any kind. Students can relearn the art of conversing with one another while on the bus (or they may sleep).
- Breakfast: Students should eat breakfast before they arrive at MPCS to depart. We will have a snack for them around 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch: Woodlands is providing lunch. Please respond to this email if your child requires the gluten-free option so that we ensure there is enough. If your child requires anything outside of this option, please feel free to send them with food. We will have a refrigerator available to us for those that need to send in additional food for dietary restrictions.
- Dinner: We will serve students dinner around 5:00 p.m. As with lunch, there will be a gluten-free option available for those that need it. Again, if your child requires anything outside of these options, please feel free to send them with food.
We will have a first aid kit with us and all emergency medications (EpiPens, Glucagon, and inhalers). If your child requires a mid-day dose of a medication that we keep at school, we will help to administer that to them while at Woodlands. If your child has any other medication needs, please let us know so we can get a medication form completed.
Additional information has been shared with middle school parents via email from Mr. Diggle. We are praying this day will be filled with the presence of God and bonding together as a middle school division.