We have listened attentively to questions from middle and high school parents and appreciate your input about the Connected Learning Program (CLP) devices. As a result, we are pleased to announce several enhancements and improvements to our device damage policies!
You may have noticed that your student's Microsoft Surface Pro has just received a MAKEOVER!
- Brand new protective cases were purchased by the school and installed this week for all high school students (and middle school by next week)!
- The kick-stand feature on the new cases will more effectively prevent damage to the computer itself. It also provides a more secure method of pen storage.
For damage that has already occurred for some students, please note:
- For any previous or newly-discovered damage caused by the kick-stands, MPCS will not charge parents for the $450 repair.
- If this applies to you and you have already paid the repair fee, you will now receive a full credit on repairs dating back to August 2018 on your billing statement!
We are now offering a device INSURANCE policy so you can elect to cover your student's device for the remainder of the school year!
- The policy covers the entire device now through May 30, 2019 for a modest cost, prorated at $39. This includes damages, loss, or theft.
- You will have the option to insure the device again during subsequent full school years for approximately $79.
- You can purchase the (optional but recommended) policy now at: https://gpo.worthavegroup.com/gpo/mtparan/
- If you elect NOT to carry the optional insurance, all damages will revert to the published costs outlined in the CLP Agreement (in middle and high school handbooks) and Student-Parent Handbook technology/device policies.
- Please note that as of February 1, any future damage to a device will incur repair costs to be covered by the above insurance, or by the parent directly if insurance is not purchased.
Overall, our students are working extremely well with the devices and are taking great responsibility and care with their computers. Our Information Technology department has worked to find solutions to any issues that have arisen and we are appreciative of your continued trust and support to maximize learning at Mount Paran Christian School! We do encourage you to sign up for the insurance coverage today! Contact Dave Bennett, Director of Information Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.