The MPCS National Art Honor Society presents its first annual Chalkfest. Members of the MPCS community may sign up in teams for a judged sidewalk chalk art competition on Friday, September 17.
What is Chalkfest?
This judged competition will take place between 3:30-6:00 p.m. on Friday, September 17, in the Dozier Hall circle. A total of 15 teams will compete and may consist of friends, families, clubs, or classes. This year's theme is "Peace, Love, & Art," to align with the football tailgate "Hippie / Tie-Dye" theme.
- Creation of sidewalk artwork must occur between 3:30-5:30 p.m. Judging will take place at 5:30 p.m.
- Teams will be provided with a large box of sidewalk chalk. The area to be designed is approximately 5 feet square.
- Teams may choose to bring other supplies (e.g. spray bottles, brushes, knee pads, tents, etc.)
- Teams may NOT use charcoal, pastels, paint, or any media other than sidewalk chalk.
- All proposed designs must be approved by administration.
- The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, September 8! Registration is first come, first served. You will receive confirmation of your reservation and design approval by email.
We look forward to celebrating this new event with the MPCS family and look forward to seeing what the teams create!