PREMIER ARTS MAGNET PROGRAM
The MPCS Dozier School of the Arts (DSA) is one of the most unique arts magnet programs of its kind in the nation for independent Christian schools. Leveraging the facilities of the Murray Arts Center, the Murray Arts Academy, and MPCS arts teaching faculty, the DSA is a high school arts education curricular program that trains and mentors student artists to become servant-leaders, using their God-given talents to be agents of change in the world of the arts. The Dozier School of the Arts is a school-within-a-school designed to provide intensive high school programs of study in the following major areas of the arts:
- Technical Theatre
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Theory and Composition
- Worship Arts
- Recording Arts
- Visual Arts (2D/3D)
- Graphic Arts
School within a school
DSA students specify one major area of study, but they are also able and encouraged to study multiple areas throughout their DSA experience. As students progress through the four-year track in their specified area of study, flexible scheduling arrangements can be employed to provide time for more extensive coursework and additional study. Along with daily courses, students have opportunities to perform in the local community, at the school, and in regional and national venues to engage servant-leadership by sharing their gifts with others. Whether students become performers, teachers, or advocates of the arts, the vision of the program is to assist the students in acquiring the tools necessary to help achieve their goals.
After completing all DSA study requirements, evaluations, and performances, students will graduate with a DSA certificate on their college resumé, presented in addition to the regular academic diploma.
Learn More About the Arts Magnet Program:
Students auditioning for the DSA must have received a decision of acceptance into MPCS prior to auditioning for the DSA program. Audition waivers are also available for MPCS middle school students currently enrolled in arts programs. Please contact Cary Brague, Director of Arts for information.
- Download, complete, and return your DSPA application. Be sure to include three sealed recommendation forms.
- Auditions for DSA admission are ongoing; contact the Cary Brague, Director of Arts, to schedule an audition date and time. The DSA audition will be scheduled after the application form has been received and the file is complete. DSA auditions for students new to MPCS will not be scheduled until the student has been accepted to the school.
- Prepare your audition for each area you are required to audition.
- Complete your scheduled audition and interview.
- DSPA audition results will be made available within one week of the audition.