EVENTS FOR MPCS ALUMNI
We love welcoming alumni back to campus or to special school events. Please make note of what's yet to come so that we can connect with you!
HOOPCOMING 2020 IS ALMOST HERE!
Date: January 17, 2020
Location: Coaches Hall above the Hughes Gymnasium
Cost: Free - game admission and meal are complimentary, but you must register.
Times: See Below
- Hoopcoming is for MPCS alumni and their families. There is no cost for admission or festivities. Come join the fun!
- 5:30 p.m. - There will be a Meet and Greet time for alumni and the current SGA members in the Hogle Commons. SGA members will walk us through the halls and show us their creative artwork related to this year's Decades theme!
- 6:00 p.m. - Free pizza, wings, salad, dessert, and drinks will be provided by the MPCS Alumni Department.
- 6:00 p.m. - Varsity girls' game vs. Walker. Our Lady Eagles are currently ranked eighth in the state!
- 6:30 p.m. - There will be a competition between alumni and students at halftime of the girls' game.
- Between games - A $50 gift card drawing will take place between the girls' and the boys' games, and one alum will win! Must be present to win.
- 7:30 p.m. - Varsity boys’ games vs. Walker
HOMECOMING WEEK 2019:
MPCS Homecoming 2019 has come and gone, and what a fantastic event it was this year, with approximately 300 who participated in the dinner event - more than double from just two years ago!
Thank you to the many alumni who attended with their families and to the following alumni who helped make this event such a success: Caroline Bradford ’03, Nick Caras ’12, Clint Crowe ‘11 (Elite Event Rental), Hannah Ian ’12, and Scott Varner ’92.
MPCS was delighted to welcome the following alumni back to campus during homecoming week: Brad Banks ‘90, Brittany Holbrook ‘04, Joshua Brownsworth ‘14, Savannah Bloodworth ’16, and Scotty Valiani ‘13. MPCS is appreciative to these alumni for leading morning devotions during homecoming week.
Thank you to the following alumni for leading chapel during homecoming week: Audrey Morgan Cox ‘13, Katie Meriwether ‘09 and Emma Perry ‘18 (pictured with the band), and Allie Shirley ‘10.
CLASS OF 2009 10-YEAR CLASS REUNION RECAP:
For the first time in Mount Paran Christian School history, there was a strong collaborative effort for the graduation classes to celebrate their class reunion. The Class of 2009 – the first “large” class to graduate – held their reunion at Tin Lizzy’s in Kennesaw on October 12. Approximately 30 attendees enjoyed private use of the rooftop at Tin Lizzy’s, with classmates reminiscing about their days at MPCS and visiting with some of their former teachers. Special thanks goes out to 2009 class members Wes Watt and Taylor Kinsey, among others, who helped make this event a successful one. Thank you also to Travis Cochran and TCPICS for taking the event photos. Photos are available for purchase by viewing the link below.
Alumni Children Invited to PreK STEAM Sessions
We want to help make your ten-year class reunion an event to remember! In order to have the best class reunion possible, the MPCS Alumni Department will partner with you in jump-starting your planning and assist you in coordinating and organizing your reunion. Our goal is to help simplify the task of organizing your reunion by giving you helpful hints and ideas. When planning your reunion, you have a choice. Each reunion class can either organize their reunion without any support from the alumni department or they can choose to collaborate with the alumni department and thereby adhere to the basic guidelines as established by the alumni department. To get more information and discuss your ten-year class reunion, please contact John Braswell, Alumni Relations Manager. You can also request an MPCS Class Reunion Guidebook.