WELCOME BACK MPCS ALUMNI!
We are thrilled you are visiting your alma mater online! There is so much happening each year as our alumni base continues to grow and do amazing things beyond your high school years. Learn more about our alumni leadership council, and check out the news and events pages for up-to-date information on upcoming visits and reunions.
MPCS Alumni Association Mission:
The mission of the Mount Paran Christian School Alumni Association is to promote and support Mount Paran Christian School and to foster a spirit of community and friendship among the school's alumni.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2019!
We would like to welcome the class of 2019 to our alumni group! With 109 added, our alumni base now exceeds just over 1,800! The class of 2019 distinguished itself in many ways, but here are some numbers that the demonstrate the strengths of the class excelling in academics, arts, and athletics.
- Thirteen alumni chose to continue to develop their faith by choosing to attend a Christian or Catholic college.
- Of the $8+ million dollars offered as scholarships to this class (not including HOPE and Zell grants), over 60 academic/arts/athletic scholarships were offered/awarded!
- Seventeen alumni are staying locally by attending Kennesaw State University!
- Twenty-five alumni will be attending either the University of Georgia or Georgia Tech, as 26 percent of the class was accepted to one or both!
- One alumnus will be attending a military academy. - a great achievement!
- Forty-seven percent of this year’s alumni class will be going out of state to attend college. From Michigan to California, to New England and the Midwest, the class of 2019 will be attending colleges across the country.
- One alumnus from this class will be attending an Ivy league school.
- More than 33 percent of alumni from this class have joined the MPCS Facebook Alumni Group.
- More than 33 percent committed to give their $20.19 recommended pledge as a first-time alumni member (highest of any graduating class).
- Many alumni from this class have intentionally already committed to get involved in campus ministries or local churches as they enter their first year at college.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
Automatic and full membership is available to all MPCS graduates, and honorary membership is granted to MPCS students who did not graduate from MPCS but meet the established criteria for honorary membership. Honorary membership may also be granted to any former or current faculty or staff member (non-alumni) who meets the established criteria for honorary membership. Honorary membership is also granted to parents of full-membership MPCS alumni who have met the necessary requirements. When matters of voting are extended to the association, only full members are entitled to vote.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
The Mount Paran Christian School Alumni Association Leadership Council comprises representatives from each graduating class, an executive council, and non-voting members such as the School’s Headmaster, Director of Development, Assistant Director of Development, and the Alumni Relations Manager. Any alumni association member may request to be a part of the leadership team by contacting the Alumni Relations Manager or the President of the Executive Council. In addition to full membership, any member interested in serving on the leadership council must be in good standing with the Association. For the year 2019, the following association members serve on the leadership council with an additional member being added yearly (June) from the current year graduating class. The leadership council is divided into the following subcommittees:
Alumni Association President: Caroline Bradford '03
Alumni Vice President: Wes Watt '09
MPCS Alumni Relations Manager: John Braswell
|Events Committee||Outreach Committee||Communications|
|Nick Caras '12 (co-chair)||Tiernan Phillips '06 (chair)||Taylor Williams '09 (chair)|
|Hannah Ian '12 (co-chair)||Jeff Jahn '03||Ansley Brague '18|
|Endien Freeman '98||Beau O’Dell '06||Madeline Daniels '12|
|Taylor Kinsey '09||Harleigh Palomaki '17||Josh Isenberg '99|
|Donna McCoy '93||Matt Rooke '04||Wes Watt '09|
|Brittany Varville '11||Bain Morgan '11||Jessica Davis '19|
Caroline Bradford '13 was recently elected by the MPCS Alumni Leadership Council to serve as its new president through June 30, 2021. Caroline follows Taylor Kinsey '09, who served as president from 2017-2019. The alumni council wishes to thank Taylor for all her efforts in expanding the alumni council and the alumni program. She was the right person for the right time! We will miss Taylor’s leadership but are excited about Caroline’s carrying the baton forward! In addition, we are happy to welcome new alumni council members Brittany Varville '11 and Bain Morgan '11 to the alumni council. Both Brittany and Bain are alumni who contacted the school to give back to the school out of gratitude for what the school meant to them. Thanks, Brittany and Bain!
ALUMNI COUNCIL MEMBER PROFILES
Tiernan Phillips '06
Class of 2006/Alumni Leadership Council 2014-2019, Outreach Committee Chair
Tiernan Phillips graduated from Mount Paran Christian School in 2006. He is married to Jasmine Phillips, and the couple has one child, Sawyer, who was born in January 2019. Tiernan earned an undergraduate degree from Georgia Tech in 2010 and an MBA from Emory University in 2018. He is currently employed as a Senior Consultant with Deloitte Consulting in Atlanta. He and Jasmine attend Passion City Church in the Cumberland area. His life-scripture is 2 Samuel 22:29: “For Thou art my lamp, O Lord; And the Lord illumines my darkness.” Tiernan serves as the chairperson of the Outreach Committee.
Wes Watt '09
Class of 2009/Leadership Council 2014-2019, Vice President and Communications Committee
Wes Watt is a 2009 graduate of Mount Paran Christian School and currently lives in Huntsville, Ala. Wes graduated from Clemson University with a major in Political Science and two minors, one in Business Administration and another in Leadership Studies. He currently is a Strategic Projects Manager (work in Business Development/Government Relations) with Scientific Research Corporation. Wes attends Willowbrook Baptist Church in Huntsville, and his favorite passage of scripture is Psalms 40:1-3. “I waited patiently for the Lord's help; then he listened to me and heard my cry. He pulled me out of a dangerous pit, out of the deadly quicksand. He set me safely on a rock and made me secure. He taught me to sing a new song, a song of praise to our God. Many who see this will take warning and will put their trust in the Lord.” Wes has been an alumni council member since 2014 and currently serves as Vice President and as a member of the Communications Committee.
MPCS Homecoming 2019 has come and gone, and what a fantastic event it was! Repeatedly, I heard it said from the alumni to the faculty and staff members that this year’s alumni dinner was the best yet! The numbers bear that out, as we had about 300 who participated in the dinner event - that is more than double from just two years ago.
We could not be more pleased with the blessing it was to see so many alumni at the homecoming dinner who had previously never been on the new campus. So many people made it work, so thank you to the following people and departments for their part in making this event the success that it was!
· To the MPCS Alumni Council and the entire event planning team, headed by Hannah Ian '12 and Nick Caras '12: Thank you for all your hard work handling the tent setup, dinner registration and check in, and the coffee and dessert part of the dinner.
· To the MPCS Operations Department and Scott Varner '92: Thank you for coordinating the set up and tear down of the tent and provided the necessary leadership for a successful event.
· To the MPCS Athletic Department and Caroline Bradford '03: Thank you for providing the game day script and execution of all the halftime activities. Caroline, we could not have done this without you!
· To the MPCS PTF: Thank you for assisting the alumni and their families in providing EagleFest armbands for their children to participate.
· To the MPCS Development Office of Jennifer New, Cindy Gibbs, and Paula Deiters: Thank you for making certain the check-in table was monitored and there was plenty of food and drinks for everyone. Your helping hands and oversight were so appreciated!
· To Clint Crowe '11 and his business, Elite Event Rental: Thank you for providing complimentary use of this year’s tent and all the necessary equipment inside it.
· To Cary Brague, Billy Flood, and the MPCS band members: Thank you for always providing pre-game entertainment for our fans at the homecoming football game. You are so faithful!
· To Tiffany Westbrook and the MPCS Marketing and Communications Department for taking photos for the alumni dinner. Thank you!
· To former faculty and staff members Hayley Magouyrk, Chris Wheeler, Justin Nelson, and Dr. Joe Mulvihill '90: Thank you for traveling several hundred miles to attend the alumni dinner. It was great seeing all of you, and we welcome you back for next year’s dinner!
· To the MPCS alumni community and their families: Thank you for joining us for this year’s homecoming activities. It was so good to see you again. We are proud of you in being servant leaders who carry out the mission of the school on a daily basis. We love being updated with your life-story and cannot wait to see you again next year!
· To Brad Banks ‘90, Brittany Holbrook ‘04, Joshua Brownsworth ‘14, Savannah Bloodworth ’16, and Scotty Valiani ‘13: Thank you for leading morning devotions during homecoming alumni week.
· To Emma Perry '18, Katie Meriwether '09, Allie Shirley '10, and Audrey Morgan Cox '13: Thank you for leading middle/high school chapel.
One last thing: Congratulations to Annie Downs '98 for having been selected as the 2019 Mount Paran Christian School Alumna of the Year!
John Braswell, Alumni Relations Manager