WELCOME BACK MPCS ALUMNI!
We are thrilled you are visiting your alma mater online! Our alumni family continues to grow and do amazing things while following the school's mission of being servant-leaders in the communities in which they live. Learn more about our alumni engagement and partnership opportunities, and check out the news and events pages for up-to-date information on alumni program developments, stories, events, and class reunions.
ABOUT THE ALUMNI PROGRAM
The purpose of the MPCS alumni program is to serve both alumni community and the mission of MPCS. We seek an active, ongoing relationship with our alumni. Our desire is to know you well, to follow your life-story as it unfolds, and to support you in your growth and development as servant-leaders who honor God, love others, and walk in Truth.
REMEMBER your roots and come back to visit us frequently! RECONNECT with classmates and teachers from your formative years. RENEW your relationship with MPCS by getting involved in one of the many opportunities offered by the school to its alumni.
Alumni Opportunities for Engagement and Partnership
MPCS offers many opportunities for alumni to reconnect, engage, or partner with the school:
- Serve on the Alumni Council. (See Alumni Council membership guidelines below and submit an application.)
- Partner with MPCS Christian Life in achieving the school's mission by serving on the Alumni Mission Partner (AMP) committee.
- Mentor a high school senior by participating in the MPCS goLEAD leadership development program.
- Partner with MPCS by participating in the annual Alumni Family Serve Day.
- Volunteer by giving school-wide devotions, speak to a club or at chapel, or lead current student in before-school Bible studies.
- Become an ambassador.
- Digital ambassador - encourage dialogue on the MPCS Network
- Class ambassador - connect with classmates about alumni engagement opportunities such as annual events or class reunions
- Goodwill ambassador - share the story of the school and support the school in its endeavors to fulfill the school mission
- Offer internships to MPCS alumni college students.
- Participate in the school's Annual Fund and Georgia GOAL scholarship program.
Please contact alumni relations if you have questions about how to become more involved with your alma mater, or complete the form below to express interest in these alumni opportunities to give back to MPCS.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
Automatic and full membership is available to all MPCS graduates, and honorary membership is granted to MPCS students who did not graduate from MPCS but meet the established criteria for honorary membership. Honorary membership may also be granted to any former or current faculty or staff member (non-alumni) who meets the established criteria for honorary membership. When matters of voting are extended to the association, only full members are entitled to vote.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ALUMNI COUNCIL
The Mount Paran Christian School Alumni Council comprises representatives from graduating classes who function as an Executive Council. Non-voting members, such as the Head of School, Chief Development Officer, Assistant Director of Development, and the Alumni Relations Manager, also give input to the direction of the Alumni Council.
The Alumni Council is divided into subcommittees, with the following association members serving on the current Alumni Council:
MPCS Alumni Association Mission:
The mission of the Mount Paran Christian School Alumni Association is to partner with and support the mission of Mount Paran Christian School and to foster a spirit of community among the school's alumni.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION AWARDS
The Alumni Council presents four annual alumni awards to worthy recipients.
Dear MPCS Alumni,
I am now into my fifth year as Alumni Relations Manager, and I continue to pursue every possible avenue to make the MPCS Alumni Program the best it can be. We have made great strides in the past four years, with those made in the past year exciting me the most. We are moving from an event-driven alumni program to being a purpose- driven alumni program. How do I know this? Alumni engagement is greater than it has ever been at MPCS, and the numbers clearly bear that out.
Authentic relationships, engagement, and partnerships are forming between the alumni community and MPCS. We now have
- 23 alumni actively serving on the alumni council.
- 20 alumni serving on the Alumni Mission Partners (AMP) committee, partnering with Christian Life to help the school achieve its mission.
- 7 alumni mentoring seniors in the goLEAD leadership program at MPCS.
- More than 20 alumni either full-time, part-time, or summer employees of MPCS.
- 11 alumni who served at the inaugural alumni family serve day this past May.
- 11 alumni interns who served at MPCS the past year.
- More than 20 alumni who worked this past summer camps.
- More than 15 alumni who volunteered to speak or to help the school in some way in the past year.
And, on it goes! What a blessing it is to be a part of an alumni program whereby alumni engage with their alma mater in supporting its mission. MPCS alumni, you are a blessing to many. I thank you for modeling servant-leadership!
Alumni Relations Manager