WELCOME BACK MPCS ALUMNI!
We are thrilled you are visiting your alma mater online! Our alumni base continues to grow and do amazing things while following the school's mission of being servant-leaders who honor God, love others, and walk in Truth.
Learn more about our alumni leadership council, and check out the news and events pages for up-to-date information on alumni program developments, stories, events, and class reunions.
MPCS encourages alumni to connect with the school:
- Serve on the Alumni Council (See below to review the guidelines and complete the application.)
- Give school-wide devotions - Current students, faculty, and staff love when alumni return to campus!
- Become a digital ambassador for the new MPCS Network
- Mentor high school students - flash or long-term mentoring, including digital
- Speak at chapel or senior class advisement
- Lead current students in before-school morning Bible studies
- Offer internships to MPCS graduating seniors or college students
Please contact John Braswell if you have questions or interest in these alumni opportunities.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION AWARDS
The Alumni Council presents four annual alumni awards to worthy recipients.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
Automatic and full membership is available to all MPCS graduates, and honorary membership is granted to MPCS students who did not graduate from MPCS but meet the established criteria for honorary membership. Honorary membership may also be granted to any former or current faculty or staff member (non-alumni) who meets the established criteria for honorary membership. When matters of voting are extended to the association, only full members are entitled to vote.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ALUMNI COUNCIL
The Mount Paran Christian School Alumni Association Alumni Council comprises representatives from graduating classes, an Executive Council, and non-voting members such as the Head of School, Chief Development Officer, Assistant Director of Development, and the Alumni Relations Manager.
The Alumni Council is divided into subcommittees, with the following association members serving on the current 2020-2021 Alumni Council:
MPCS Alumni Association Mission:
The mission of the Mount Paran Christian School Alumni Association is to promote and support Mount Paran Christian School and to foster a spirit of community and friendship among the school's alumni.
ALUMNI COUNCIL MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
Matt Rooke '04
Class of 2004/Alumni Council Outreach Committee 2018-2021
Greetings to all MPCS alumni, from the first graduating class of 1988 to the most recent graduating class of 2020!
Despite a world-wide pandemic, I am encouraged by the growth and direction of the MPCS alumni program. Many positives have resulted from the pandemic, which has pushed us to think more strategically and intentionally about what it takes to grow a sustainable, successful alumni program.
Consider the following:
- The MPCS Network recently launched, and we are encouraged that we have 600-plus members of the MPCS community using the new platform.
- The alumni council has been incredibly faithful in attending the quarterly meetings.
- Alumni are engaging with the school, “giving back” by volunteering their time and resources. Already, ten alumni have been a part of offering school-wide morning devotions!
- MPCS is committed to its alumni through resource allocation, including funding the trusted and robust MPCS Network. The administration also approved a new Alumni Internship Program initiative, which will serve our younger alumni.
In my three years in this position, I have learned that growing an alumni program does not occur overnight. It takes a commitment from many to make it happen.
I encourage every alumnus/alumna to join with us in making the MPCS Alumni Association the best K-12 Independent School association in the Southeast! I hope you will partner with us in this exciting venture and reconnect with this special community we call Mount Paran Christian School.
John Braswell, Alumni Relations Manager