opportunities to connect homeschool families
Homeschool families are encouraged to participate in several homeschool extension opportunities offered at MPCS throughout the year. In addition to the Homeschool Hybrid program, MPCS seeks to connect with homeschool families through participation in other areas such as weekly chapels, PreK STEAM community classes, arts lessons, marching band opportunities, athletics events, scouting, and summer programs. These events and programs offer options for homeschool students to further their learning, like-minded social circles, and community experiences.
MPCS HOMESCHOOL HYBRID
Mount Paran Christian School offers a Homeschool Hybrid program for available in kindergarten and first grade. This program provides a two-and-a-half-day option for families who have chosen a homeschool model for their family but want to experience the advantages of Christian school structure. The program focuses on language arts, math, and Bible instruction, with exploratory and enrichment experiences offered during the two full days.
The homeschool hybrid program provides:
- Socialization opportunities to partner with families who also seek a homeschool partnership
- Standardized curriculum to provide academic consistency and preparedness for upper grade levels
- Biblical instruction and biblical worldview integration throughout the school day
- Chapel services for lower school students on Wednesday mornings
- Certified teachers; teachers have Orton Gillingham training to provide niche learning expertise
- Phonetic instruction to build the foundation in reading literacy
- Lower school science labs for science integration and connections
- Opportunity for limited exploratories and P.E. or recess
Parents are equipped with assignments for home learning to support the needs of the student and keep in step with the curriculum. A partnership with teachers help guide parents and children every step of the way. We invite you to learn more about our early childhood programs at an open house or personal tour. Please use the form on the right for additional information or to schedule a visit.
Read more about opportunities to connect below:
PreK STEAM Classes
Children are never too young to develop skills in creative play and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) concepts! We invite parents to bring their toddlers and preschoolers, ages 2-6, to learn through hands-on STEAM exploration offered by instructor "Mrs. B." (M.Ed./Georgia-Certified/Gifted-Certified.) Children will conduct science experiments, explore math concepts, problem-solve construction challenges, and create masterpieces on SMART Tables. Each session, we will be exploring new educational projects, so plan to attend one or all sessions!
Please pre-register for sessions which are free and open to the community.